Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parent Night Cancelled

Thank you to for all the warm wishes as I was off for most of last week sick. I've been in bed recovering from a bad bout of bronchitis that started the first week back. Antibiotics are my best friend right now!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to blog last week. I do want to remind you that the Parent Information Night on Child Anxiety has been cancelled as the presenter is ill. We will try to reschedule this evening.

I also wanted to pass along two resources that might be helpful to our community. Recently, another family in our school experienced the death of a parent and our hearts continue to go out to the family. We all know the impact this can have on the family and the community. Some of you have asked for some help when talking to your children about death and grieving. Two good resources are, Lifetimes-The Beautiful Way to Explain Death To Children (Bryan Mellinie) and Saying Goodbye-How Families Can Find Renewal Through Loss (Barbaro Okun and Joseph Nowinski). Both are good starting points for discussion. If you would like more assistance, please call me at the school and/or our guidance counsellor Rebecca Forte. Let me know if I can do something for you.