Thursday, February 5, 2009

LKS ART

I thought I would post some pics of the fabulous artwork that is happening at LKS. We are so proud of the children as they explore their talents. Art can be such a great tool to express both feelings and ideas. Many teachers at LKS integrate art across the curriculum. Yesterday I was covering a grade 7 math class and thought of the wonderful art lessons that we can start using as they are learning about tessellations. Welcome to String ART!

We are also very happy that Ms. Hoffman, Mr. Blais and Ms. Zappi will be attending our first South West Family of Schools Arts Festival in March. They will have the opportunity to perform a few songs (and drumming) and listen to other performances. It should be a great time. The performance will be at Islington P.S.

I am just learning how to post pics and slideshows on the blog. I have discovered posting pics on the web so you can see some of our great shots. Please be patient as I am learning this..a new skill takes so much time to learn! If you know how to use Picasa and Google web albums, I have a few questions...please stop by to see me. Greatly appreciated. Please visit http://picasaweb.google.com/LKSPICS for more fabulour art at LKS! (Hopefully they show up)!